Monday, April 11, 2022

"Mo-Jo" found again!!!!!!!!!!

 I'm still heeeeere!!!!!!!!!!!  

Remember a previous post where I was sorting my ever-increasing pile of boring light and dark scraps?  This is what happened -- 16 blocks, on point.  More strips had to be cut for this WIP!  





I've been working on the border and faux flange binding of our group Raffle Quilt.  Here are some teaser photos - not allowed to show the full project.  We chose to feature "low volume" and "taupe".  There were some doubts as each block maker checked their stash and wondered "what were they thinking?"  Never fear ... the planners had faith!  


 

I still remember how to make these cheese loaves.  Yum - had to give one away or I would have gobbled both and been sorry!  Even better toasted for breakfast.  


I'm using a finished "I Spy" as the pattern for another "I Spy", using many of the cutsies some of you sent me.  The sewing is easy but the layout was tricky.  A bunch of squares also went home with a friend who also wanted to make a kid's quilt.


The reason for my absence - physician said "surgery, you are High Risk because of past heart history and you are on blood thinners and you are no spring chicken" so I was set up for date with UC Health in eastern Colorado.  Yes, that's right - 250 miles from my home.  Since I live alone, getting to that appt. had a number of logistic issues.  And winter storms that may or may not happen didn't help anxiety levels.  Taking blood thinners mean you must adhere to an exact dose stopping at an exact date before surgery, adding to stress on that point alone.  I planned to drive myself to my brother's home in Broomfield, Co.,  not too far from the hospital, and they offered to get me to/from the hospital, all of us frazzled with Denver traffic and with ever-threatening snow complications. I enjoy driving but have no knowledge of Denver traffic.  I made it just fine to their home.   My brother and wife are also respectful of traffic and rush hours, none of us are spring chickens!  As expected, my visit with them was absolutely wonderful, weather/snow complications were managed, surgery went just fine, I didn't die - what more was needed?   Bruises to my old body (blood thinners) was frightingly impressive, but slowly disappearing.   Frankly, I enjoy "new adventures" but this one was a corker!   I loved my family visit and  rehashing old memories, enjoyed being waited on for several days during recuperation and learning some new food items as brother and wife cook "organic".    My recovery was unexpectedly easy, and I drove home after several days of recuperation.  

Why does it take a month to make up for 10 days gone after returning home???? 





7 comments:

  1. Good for you! So glad to see you sewing again.
    And what an experience! Good you had your brother to stay with. Glad surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well! I think it takes so long because we stop seeing things that need to be done. Then when we return it’s all very apparent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your surgery went so well! I love your pineapple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know everything went well, Elaine. And that you have beautiful itens to show us. It is difficult to point Just one. And the cheese loaves look yummy. Would you share the receipe, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm glad to see you back online also, and back home and sounds like you are feeling good after all that you have been through. Praise the Lord who take care of us when we feel so helpless.
    Your quilt is yummy -- way to recover = make a quilt! Hugs and prayers for good health to increase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pineapple quilt!
    Curious to see the full presentation on the raffle quilt.
    Cheese bread sounds too good. I probably would have eaten both loaves. :)
    Glad you had enough "I Spy" blocks to share. They are fun quilts.
    Oh, my goodness, that is the kind of adventure we don't go looking for! So glad you were able to work out the logistics, and that things went well and without complications.
    I don't know when it started being this way, but after a "getaway" that is supposed to refresh me, I feel like I need a week to recuperate. Your kind of recent "getaway" would definitely require more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice that your surgery didn't cause any major problems and that you have family that can help you out in time of need. I can imagine trying to do long distance driving when weather conditions aren't perfect. Regular driving increases my stress levels! Getting back to sewing will be great!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.