Saturday, June 04, 2022

Guild Raffle Quilt for summer 2023

 

(It was held a little crooked. )  We said "use taupe", and we were aiming for "Low Volume," and "use what is in your stash"  and "something different."  The blocks were made my members of our local quilting/sewing group.  I finished the border and binding, which is my excuse for infrequent blog posts!  Kathy, a new embroidery-talented member, made a stunning label.

Friend Carol gave me a huge bag of scraps that she inherited from ???, most very small, and some too ugly to use (IMHO).  I sorted them and discovered there was a healthy supply of lights, darks and red/orange/yellow combinations.  After sorting, they are now all pressed and ready for ??? who knows what???.  They really are perfect for yet another Pineapple or Log Cabin, or String or .....something.   

Above is the finished back of my DONE quilt that I enlarged by 6 inches on each of the 4 sides.  It had been completed about 4 years ago.  The process was managed reasonably well with a Quilt as You Go method.  Because of its increased size, it became heavy and difficult to maneuver under the sewing machine at times so I had to revert to hand sewing.    The added part starts with that narrow binding, then a 6 inch beige/tan piece, then a new binding.   The yellow toile is the original backing.  (It's folded back on itself.)  I LOVE how it turned out and is perfect on the bed.  The label will be updated with the new dimensions.      

4 comments:

  1. I love the low-volume quilt. It is very peaceful. The gifted bag of fabric will add variety to whatever you will make with it. I get so tired sometimes of always using the same fabric in every quilt. I don't buy many yards of the same fabric anymore. I've learned what works for me. Glad you were able to finish Done to your satisfaction. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Chantal's comments. Uglies tend to work in unexpected ways! So glad you extended that quilt. It gives confidence to those of us who went from a queen to a king... You are always an inspiration... now if that clock and to-do list would cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!! Great job Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt! I'd sure like to be part of that raffle when it is held!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.