Monday, July 11, 2022

Use 'em or lose 'em

 


I've had this collection of small mola patches for years, then misplaced them, and voila, recently found them.  Decided to make them up into little pouches before they get misplaced again.  They are very primitive on the backs, but the quality/skill of the fronts is most impressive.  They are all made by reverse applique, far better than I can manage, and are probably from Panama or Columbia - wish I had a few more.  The colors are far prettier in person.  I added jewelry charms to each zipper pull.  

The polka dot journal cover needs a few more practice pieces before I can call it a success.  

My skills at making pouches seem to disappear after a year or two.  This time, I only mangled 2 zippers before I remembered how to make the pouches properly.    


4 comments:

  1. Those pouches are just darling!!! Love each one...and I totally get it about mangling zippers, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mola patches. I didn't know what mola patches were before now but I love them. You did great at transforming them into zippy pouches. Don't be too hard on yourself. I haven't done a zippy pouches in years and I would probably mess it up too, lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just wonderful! I have tried Mola and though the art seems primitive it is a real exercise in layering in the right order and then keeping the stitches delicate enough so that the applique doesn't fray! Just love your pouches!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.