Sunday, February 25, 2024

2468 pieces. MORE Kaleidoscope Blocks!

Finished!  I learned this "system" from Jackie Robinson /Animas Quilts, called Strip and Slash and  purchased her DVD years ago.  Her method is precise, and productive, as well as an effective method to use scraps.  I've made 5-6 quilt using her "technique".   Thank you, Jackie!


A close up ...

You can see the individual block of 12 pieces, less than 4 inches, at the far right, lower corner.  

I'm playing with Kaleidoscopes, again. The wedges have been exchanged with each other on these two, resulting in greater richness.    Not sewn together yet.   The plan is 5 x 7, 14 inch blocks.   No corner pieces yet - I'll save that decision until later. 


I promised myself to STOP playing after 4 blocks - gotta gather tax materials ... ugh.  Let's see ... which  jobs would I rather do?  

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You make the best scrap quilts.
    I bought the kaleidoscope ruler years ago, because I was so inspired by your quilts. But I have only ever used it to make a couple of table toppers. :(

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.