I've posted this Pineapple (Zippity Blue Dah) previously - won a First Place - I'm happy! Note there are 2 separate blocks, altho the only difference is in value placement.
This QOValor has also been previously posted - won a Second Place - I'm happy! I used bits of my deceased husband's shirt in this quilt. I had also MADE that shirt, and cutting it up was not as emotionally easy as I had heard. The recipient is someone my DH appreciated, so that will help.
Beautiful quilts.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous ! Both! Congrats on the winnings. You are so generous for giving this wonderful QOV. I hope that the recipient's appreciation of your generosity lessen the pain. ;^)
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful quilts! Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I've been using men's shirts a lot this summer, but my husband's shirts are still hanging in his closet.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your ribbons for these wonderful quilts!
ReplyDeleteI do love using shirts in quilts.
My mom was not a sentimental person. After Dad passed, she cleaned out his closets the day after his funeral. She said her memories, and the photo albums were enough for her. She didn't need his "things". She let the kids and grandkids take what they wanted before she sent everything else to a couple of local thrift stores. It was hard for me to cut up Dad's shirts to make her a quilt. Interestingly, I think it was hard for her to use the quilt. It was always draped somewhere in the house, but never in use.