Below is the result of Guild BOM preps, where our Committee decided to do Disappearing Nine Patch blocks. That was a great idea, and when we asked among members, "has anyone done this?" and everyone said "NOT done recently." We learned differently so now we needed to have something to ADD to our idea. Our little group had several weeks planning when I discovered 12 D9Patch blocks, long forgotten, possibly due to Covid issues. One of our group said, "it's too bad we seldom see the finished quilts from the BOM entries" and ... I just happened to mention... "well, we CAN show this quilt - what do you think?" The response was "YES"! which meant I had to do some fast production. We don't get back to meetings until late September, and we will have a finshed quilt to encourage participants.
I am a quilter - a retired widow living in the Nebraska Panhandle. I am surrounded by beautiful semi-arid ranch country, and treeless hills and fields under incredibly wide blue skies, located far from the upheaval found often in large towns or cities. I am blessed to have delicious time to quilt and to appreciate my peaceful moments in an unpeaceful world.
Sunday, August 23, 2026
Strings, BOM, and a Finished Disappearing 9 Patch Quilt
Isn't it rewarding to make something like this from bits and pieces destined for trash? Admittedly, I was inspired by another gal on Internet - no one that I've ever met, but THANK YOU! I used strong brights -- not many wishy washy values were used and I included a black on the base of each triangle. Here are some of the choices and my all-over free-motion quilting. The white is not a bright white.
Below is the result of Guild BOM preps, where our Committee decided to do Disappearing Nine Patch blocks. That was a great idea, and when we asked among members, "has anyone done this?" and everyone said "NOT done recently." We learned differently so now we needed to have something to ADD to our idea. Our little group had several weeks planning when I discovered 12 D9Patch blocks, long forgotten, possibly due to Covid issues. One of our group said, "it's too bad we seldom see the finished quilts from the BOM entries" and ... I just happened to mention... "well, we CAN show this quilt - what do you think?" The response was "YES"! which meant I had to do some fast production. We don't get back to meetings until late September, and we will have a finshed quilt to encourage participants.
Below is the result of Guild BOM preps, where our Committee decided to do Disappearing Nine Patch blocks. That was a great idea, and when we asked among members, "has anyone done this?" and everyone said "NOT done recently." We learned differently so now we needed to have something to ADD to our idea. Our little group had several weeks planning when I discovered 12 D9Patch blocks, long forgotten, possibly due to Covid issues. One of our group said, "it's too bad we seldom see the finished quilts from the BOM entries" and ... I just happened to mention... "well, we CAN show this quilt - what do you think?" The response was "YES"! which meant I had to do some fast production. We don't get back to meetings until late September, and we will have a finshed quilt to encourage participants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.