Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thank You, and Better than Cheesecake!

First, Thank You, to Morah/Marla of Fat Quarters for ... oh, she knows for what!


Next, Thank You to Wanda of Exhuberant Color for an added boost to get me started on this kind of a quilt. I've been drooling over Margaret Miller's strip designs for many years, had her book for 8, and one day I noticed Wanda's name on one of the most gorgeous quilts in her book - the quilt I'd been slobbering over for YEARS! Who woulda guessed that the maker of that quilt, Wanda, was right here on my Bloglines?


Putting these colors/values together IS better than cheesecake! And Wanda was right - the hardest part is digging through the pile of strips, all wormed together!

Let's all be kind to each other, speak gently and generously, and keep each other strong. You never know when your words will carry someone through a hard day.

7 comments:

  1. What lovely shades. I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color choices are great. I can't wait to see all together. You are right. Wanda is an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Yes, Wanda has so many great ideas. Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! I'm a great fan of Wanda's too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your yummy colors are tempting me to start SOMETHING NEW! And not slog on with what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur fabric shades are so pretty.But I adore your Star struck quilt. It is so pretty.Love the borders. Colleen in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am working on a Strips that Sizzle quilt. It will be a small one, and I'll post a photo of where I'm at soon. looking forward to seeing your blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.