Sunday, March 11, 2018

Making Pouches with More Success

With my almost-failures of yesterday hopefully behind me, I tackled lined pouches again.  Well, seems I totally FORGOT how I made them yesterday, and had to do a lot of unsewing, but ... the end result is pretty good!


These fully lined pouches are not for the beginner - you need clear directions.  Their construction, to me, is not logically or visually apparent, but with a LOT of unsewing, and watching several tutorials AGAIN, I figured them out.  The little one in front is totally lined, with square corners on the bottom.  I made a little macrame knot affixed to the zipper tab.   The larger one is made the same.  They each have fusible batting on the back of the fronts, making them stiff and cumbersome at the turning area near the ends of the zipper.  Each has the little tabs on the zipper ends, which does help them to turn them more neatly. 

I included the red "apple" pouch in the back because I affixed a little tassle that I made, on the zipper. 

IMHO, I think this was a lot of work.  There are still more methods on Internet I have not tried. 

3 comments:

  1. A plethora of pretty pouches! Congratulations on finishing all these. You'll be way ahead on gifts for giving at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Vic used the word "plethora". I love that word. :)
    You are much more persistent than I would be. And you have many pretty pouches to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute, but are hard to make. It probably gets easier if you keep doing it, but it's been over a year since I have made any and I would have to go over the instructions again. It's amazing how many different patterns there are.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.