Thursday, January 24, 2019

Covered Bridge Quilt Blocks, and a String Quilt for Kids

DH didn't have any more boats to make so he made a covered bridge.  During the process he totally surprised me by asking me to make 2 Bridge Quilt Blocks (one on each side).  I don't know where he learned to build a bridge -- he didn't have any drawings or plans.  The "Bridge Quilt block" is 1 inch.  Try painting one of those!  Those are lightning rods on the top, and each end  of the bridge are built in hitching posts.  It's right out of "Bridges of Madison County"!  


Here is my wild finished string quilt (for kids)   I did use fabric from a scrap box gift from my local LQS. This is the 3rd project I've made from that scrap box, and there is still MORE in it!  The dotty light fabric is left over backing.  It's about 40" square.




8 comments:

  1. Makes me think of a New Year's Eve party with confetti and streamers. It looks like an explosion of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Using up scraps has a strange sort of joy attached too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! The quilt, I mean. The bridge is cute, too, but being a quilter, it's the quilt that gets me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your string quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this!
    Susan Strasser

    ReplyDelete
  6. The covered bridge is so cute - especially with the quilt block on it. I would like to have a quilt block to hang on my shed - which is outside my sewing room window. But who will make it for me? Maybe I could get DH to do it - if I beg enough. I saw some barn quilt blocks for sale at the quilt show that I went to last week - they cost $45 and were about 14" square.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been given a huge bag of scraps and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. This looks like a fun way to start emptying the bag.

    I don't usually work with unwashed fabric, so I was wondering if I should just go ahead and use these scraps as is. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.