Thursday, June 11, 2020

One Step At a Time


This is a current project - bargello method of construction, and little bugs and fireflies are on/in the fabric.   Top only, so far.   The checks are on the top and bottom - photo was turned wrong way.

 Below is the REPAIRED hole in the Studio wall.   (Previous photo of HOLE was in prev. post.) I had planned to do it myself, ever hopeful, but real fears of running the drill thru my hand or falling off the table and breaking some part of my old bod, and wondering how to hold the drill, and hold the screw at the same time , and still hold the piece of pine block behind the plasterboard without drilling thru my hand/finger, brought common sense to my old noggin - I called the MAN.    My walls are lathe and plaster - thicker than expected.  He did one beautiful job, needing to come and go several times to recoat the plaster or skin coat or ?? , then sand it.  I repainted that area - no one would ever know.   DONE.  Thank you so much,  Heath!!!  Another step FORWARD. 


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i told vic when her husband passed she will now have the opportunity to meet several new men....repair men, snowplow men, accountants, plumbers, electricians etc....they used to call me "dear" like i was a dumb housewife...don't miss them at all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Grace said! He did a nice job. Your quilt is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good looking top.
    I think you did the right thing to call in the expert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely calling a professional is best. Some of my friends and my sister who is single seem to be able to do a lot of those fix-it chores by themselves - but they still have to call in a handy man from time to time. But when you have been married practically your whole life, the chores are divided - in most households, anyway. You have already taken on and done things that you weren't used to doing, so you can be proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you know who to call and you have someone who knows what to do! We have seen a leak in our house and my husband and I are both still looking at it... Now what do we do?!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.