Monday, August 17, 2020

Kindnesses, and another kid quilt

Firstly, a HUGE Thank you to Candace of https://wraggedypatches.blogspot.com/ for her friendship and a beautiful gift that arrived today.  She is a very gifted sewist as well as quilter and I am deeply grateful for her kindness.  

Today, I finished this little girl quilt.  I was inspired by a YouTube video from Krista Moser.  I've been quilting many years but sometimes SOMETHING strikes your fancy, and her projects did just that.  She's bright and fresh, and presents an excellent and well-presented video.  The projects that I lean toward lately, are 60 degree wedges and voila, that's what she's doing in amazing new colorways.  

My first idea was getting waaaaay too large, like I frequently do, but this time I stopped and took out 2 triangles of strips and 2 plain whites in each row  - MUCH better.  


Below is the "getting too large" version  Seems like the white has taken over.  While I dreaded removing and unsewing, I almost have enough left for a second quilt.  Both these quilts were sewn in rows across, not diagonally.  No problem at all.  Seams of the block-to-block were pressed open.  

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, Elaine. I'm using up pink scraps and am really happy with one, not so much the other... but hoping it goes to a loving home! What are you going to do with this one?
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty....somebody is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love those quilts! Plink is my favorite color ever...another idea from you, for my quilts! Hurrah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts! The pink border is perfect as it subdue the white and let the pink triangles shine. Wonderful job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute, Elaine. Good call to remove a bit. Looks like a great size and some lucky girl is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Krista Moser's tutorial and thought she had some great ideas! I love this type of quilt and I have plenty of stripy scraps. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and fresh and pretty! Hope you have a little girl nearby who might a quilt like that for her wall or footstool.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.