Saturday, August 01, 2020

Proof - REAL Crumbs!

A friend joked that my recent Crumb fabric was probably just freshly cut up fabric so it LOOKED like crumbs but (friendly scarcasm) probably wasn't really from the trash basket.  So I pulled out all the blocks I made several weeks ago and laid them next to the most recent crumb block WELCOME banner.  See?  There are all the fabrics - I told you so! 

I used spray basting to sandich the banner and had planned to hand quilt it.  However, my needle refused to cooperate, I am guessing it's because of the spray basting product.  Makes sense - it's sticky.  So I finished the banner with machine quilting.   You almost have to study the busy letters to determine what it says! 


New projects:  Over the last few days I have repainted the upstairs bath, washed everything that sat still, washed and rehung blinds, washed and painted cabinets, front and back, planned new valance over window, spackled in shower area, dragged in the big step ladder and washed walls and painted high cabinets.  This unexpected burst of energy is totally foreign to me, but I'll take it, as long as it lasts!  I called a friend before attacking the high wall washing, just in case of disaster! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you. It must have cooled off there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel great to get some of those chores done? I had a couple boost of energy and DH and I got our windows washed as well as the blinds. That's about it for me - other than sewing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have energy leftover, would you send it to me? I’ll even pay postage! Those are big jobs that you did. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your crumby Quilt! Lol! I bet it feels so good to walk into your refreshed new room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, if you have energy I guess it is not so hot and debilitating as it has been around here. I have just lounged by the air conditioning or napped! No housework getting done around here!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.