Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Kids Prints, I Spy

Many of these cute prints were sent to me by a blogging friend,  (thank you Joan, of www.shelbystitcher) with my promise that I'd get the fabric made up into kids quilts.  So far, so good. 


I was particularly interested in the setting and sashing of this design.  The quilt made up larger than expected (like always?).  It's 60 x 70".  Good for toddler, perfect for an "I Spy".   There are a few duplicates.  My favorite block is a little dark haired girl with glasses - so cute!!!

 I needed a little more width to the backing.  Those are little spools on the back.

8 comments:

  1. OH I just love it! Thank you to Joan, wow, did you ever make hay with those fun fabrics! A kiddo will absolutely love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're making great progress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You came through again, Elaine. That looks amazing. What a great layout and pattern to make the most of those novelty prints. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s lovely! Did you quilt it yourself? That’s a big quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really fun setting, Elaine! It makes a wonderful "I spy" quilt.
    I enlarged the first photo to get a good look at the novelty fabrics. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that quilt, you are so talented. I see someone asked if you quilted it yourself. Another of your talents, I’m sure a closeup would show even more awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting layout! I love it! I will have to keep it in mind. I have lots of I Spy fabrics that I haven't used yet. I've made a ton of I Spy quilts, but never in a layout like that. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.