Sunday, October 25, 2020

Green, Green Fields of Home ... ???

 No green in this yard, due to heavy snow today!  But I do have fond memories of  early life on a small  farm in Illinois.  The early green alfalfa fields were a favorite, and especially,  those pink/lavendar blossoms.

Here is my latest project - another "Pineapple, Green, Green Fields of Home"- I seem to be obsessed with them.  I've used a lot of greens in the blocks -- notice there are 2 different block layouts, similar to 2 or 3 I've made previously.  All the blocks are made with different fabrics, all scrappy, with the same light, slubby muslin.  There are a few "odd" blue and/or gold blocks.  Calculations on the inner border were successful, first time around, thanks to Gyleen X. Fitzgerald. I purchased her DVD from Annie's Craft, "Learn to Quilt With Scraps: Stash to Treasure".


The back - I needed another quarter yard - had to improvise.

Stay healthy everyone!  Thank you Mom, for helping me learn to sew!

7 comments:

  1. and another very nice quilt....i am overrun with greens too so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always drawn to your pineapple quilts. The two different block layouts play very nicely together. And the pops of blue and gold contribute to a truly scrappy feel. Excellent job, Elaine.
    I must say, that looks like a boatload of snow for this time of year! We just got a skiff over the weekend, that was gone by midday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt, and the backing is super, makes it interesting to add a bit of color in a smart layout!
    We are getting a bit of snow too, but at least it warmed up today. It was -20C last week. Shiver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and I do like what you did with the backing to make it fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful. I love the way you used the snow to give a great neutral background. Snow already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's always so nice when that inner border calculation works properly first time! This quilt is super appealing. I love the two block styles mixed together. It made a neat pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! No snow here and we haven't even had much rain this fall. It is supposed to rain this week, though.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.