Thursday, October 01, 2020

Road Trip and Home for a Quilt

I recently returned from a Road Trip that included a stop in northeastern Nebraska, then headed east across Iowa to southern Wisconsin, then south and AROUND Chicago to where my folks had their farm in Richton Park, Illinois, then I picked up a Girl Friend from High School in that area, and she came home with me as we drove west back across Iowa, returning to my home in western Nebraska for a very nice visit, then she returned by plane back to her home -- 2093 miles on my Odometer - I always did LOVE to drive!  It is miraculous that all 3 of these destinations to visit friends and family could be managed with just ONE trip.  

In preparation, I had loaded up one finished quilt, hoping a relative would give it a good home.  Ya think this 7 yr. old great-niece likes it?  




5 comments:

  1. Ya think!! She looks as if she could not be happier or more comfy. Nice! Glad you could get out. This 'isolation' thing is making life miserable for lots of people. I'm not too antsy when alone a lot, but am noticing how much I perk up when I can get out. Yesterday, I drove a short trip to visit a 91 year old who had a stroke about 3 weeks ago. Her family kept her home since hospital visits are extremely restricted here. She can't talk but smiles with her eyes and it was a real blessing for both of us. Now... back to my fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was quite a road trip. You MUST like to drive. I would have been asleep at the wheel after the second hour--maybe earlier.
    Look at that cutie snuggled in that happy quilt. I'll say she loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice cheery quilt for a young niece! I don't much like driving so I can't imagine a trip that long on roads I don't know. You are very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet story, Elsie. I'm hearing similar stories of "keeping Mom at home" under same sad circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little niece is darling. Love the bright colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.