Sunday, January 08, 2023

I'm still here!

 



* This QOV was donated, as well as 2 kids quilts 
* I made a LOT of zip pouches until zipper stash was depleted.  
* Made a pleasant drive (2 days) by myself to Indiana to surprise my sister who was making a rest stop in Indiana, on her way from Canada to Florida.  She WAS surprised and due to my weight loss and new, long never-previously-seen curly hair, she didn't reognize me!  It's been a long time since we last had seen each other. 
* Picked up a girlfriend on the way home from Indiana to my home in western Nebraska.
* We also, both picked up SUPAVIRUS from somewhere that was NOT fun, and required one ambulance/hospital trip.
* Friend picked up Covid immediately after flying home to Illinois.
* Lived thru 2 major snow storms.
* Survived 8 days of the first storm, with NO TV, no Wi-fi and sporadic cell phone.  Fortunately I didn't lose power, but I WAS rapidly losing courage!  Perhaps we had 10-12 inches of snow.  
* Started a new quilt during this time named  "-20 Degrees and No WiFi".    It's currently a WIP on my design floor, blocks almost all made.    
* Shoveled  (yes, me, at my age!) 4 separate times during the first storm, temps below zero  and winds that blew it all back.  Obviously, I could not navigate to my usual Wellness Center for needed exercise.
* Replaced a near-dead battery .
* Cancelled my planned Christmas trip to extreme northeast Nebraska due to dangerous cold and snow and numerous road closures into unknown location.  It was a blessing that I had NOT taken that  Christmas trip with a bad battery.  
* Shoveled my walk and sidewalk at least 4 times with second snowfall of 8-10 inches?? , altho a kind "someone" did it several times as well.
* Shoveled my car out twice myself and one time by a kind neighbor with a huge snowblower.  I was sorry I had sold my own snowblower.
* Got stuck only one time in the alley, and was miracously shoveled out within minutes by 2 angels with shovels who suddenly appeared out of nowhere!  8-)))   

The above list of "what did you do all that time?" is pretty boring but I enjoy my own blog posts and might need a reminder!  ...and it's only January.  

9 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you have had a very exciting time. You know for sure that you are fit after all that shoveling! The QOV is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you posted even if it's just to say Hi. Did the shoveling made you lose all the weight or was it prior to the shoveling? My sister did recognized me either when we last saw each other. She never expected her girly little sister to go no-longer-dying-my-hair Covid-grey-hair look. Haha. I hope that the worst is behind you now and that you won't lose courage again. Stay warm, stay connected to someone and take care. Wishing all the best for the new year. ♥ ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lost weight was due to diligence on the Heart Healthy Diet over time. Now, I am tired of it and am not doing it as well as when first "assigned" to that life change. LOVED the weight loss, smaller clothing etc, but old habits are hard to break. Funny that you had a similar story . I feel somewhat energized by getting back to the blog posts - hope that good habit sticks with me. T/hanks for the comment - nice to be among all the bloggers again. LOVE how we can Reply easily to the comments! 8-)))))))))))
      Elaine Adair

      Delete
  3. Oh, I missed you! Glad you are still you after all that hit you these past few weeks. Your blog and quilts and humor always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This drned LIVING takes a lot more time and energy than it used to, doesn't it?! I KNEW you would be wondering, but I am OK, just overwhelmed with "have to" jobs. The body maintenance takes a lot of time as well. Like all quilters, I'm trying hard to reduce my stash and work more efficiently. Thank you so much for connecting. 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh what a list!!! Glad you are back in action!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Elaine, what adventures you have had--road trip, illness, snow storms, shoveling, etc. I am glad you had quilting to turn to when you couldn't get out and had no TV or WiFi. And I am grateful that angels were there to shovel you out when you got stuck.
    The QOV is very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! Oh I don't envy you that snow and all the digging out! We will get some in the next month or so and it will limit my activities too but usually where I live it will melt in a couple of days. Love the name of your latest WIP. Who knows... I may have one of those soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are still here, altho I did wonder where. :-) It sounds like you have not had a moment to catch your breath. And yet you keep on turning out those beautiful quilts. Good for you! Please take care not to overdo. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.