Thursday, August 29, 2024

Kaleidotato Chips

I couldn't participate in a recent Guild Class called Potato Chips, but from the laughing and giggling that took place, as they pieced their blocks, it was clear that each participant couldn't stop making the inviting blocks.  I've had the same experience making kaleidoscope blocks.  Jes' can't stop with one design!   I was determined to NOT get carried away -- NOPE, I stayed strong and steadfast to the the original plan, ignoring temptations for MORE fabrics, MORE ideas, MORE colors.  "Stick with the plan, Elaine!"  


My goal was to blend 2 very different values into one cohesive block.  Sorta successful use of fabric I had on hand, with blues and peachy-orange.  25 blocks made, 5 x 5, blocks finish at approx. 12 inches.   The corners are consistent throughout, with blue and soft peach making quarter triangles.  One row is  together, trimmed with corners on.  I'll add a border as needed.   All Day Sew meets in another week!  

4 comments:

  1. I love your blocks! and they are in my favourite colours too: Orange and blue. This quilt will be simply gorgeous! Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the secondary circles that these make. Fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these blocks, Elaine! You have made many kaleidoscope quilts, and they always call to me. I even bought the ruler many years ago, thinking I had to make one, but I never have. The colors on this one especially call to me. Another lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.