Thursday, October 17, 2024

Long time, no see!

   

Close up of Strip and Slash project, a Jackie Robinson DVD.  I am still sewing and even have plans for  teaching a class or two.  This Strip and Slash is finished.  Fortunately I have the DVD,  and even more fortunately, I still have a working DVD player!  This technique is one of my favorites for managing leftovers. (The little white bit is my "ElaineAdair" label, folded inward.)   The blocks finish at less than 4 inches.  

Nobody wants to know ... my camera is limping along, and efforts to purchase a new one are so over-the-top with TMI, and no one has answers to camera questions, everyone insists on phone camera.  Terms like "newer and better UYX14" or "Latest DSLR12" or "faster ratio of xyz to abc" scare my brain into la-la land.   There are NO camera shops where I live, only a Walmart and no one seems interested in selling old-fashioned cameras.  whine, whine, whine.  

Computer shop says "the port on my computer no longer works and we don't repair that" but I AM able to transfer photos using that cord that came with the sometimes-working-camera but cannot use the little disc thingys.  Can you tell I'm not good at technical stuff?  

So, that's where I've been - eating worms and being cranky as well as productive with sewing and quilting. 

And just WHO/WHAT is on my roof?  



3 comments:

  1. Hi, Good to see you and your quilt project and your attitude that makes me chuckle. If I lived closer, I'd help with the computer issues (had one of the first pcs to come out) but laughing about life would likely take priority. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about the sh*t-tuation you're having with camera and computer. My router is frustrating me lately so I can relate. Love your latest finish. Good scrap buster too. Congrats! Whatever's on your roof doesn't look like the boogieman, so you're safe. Haha. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good you are back. And with a lovely quilt. I'm not techy savvy either and it is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.