Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Kaleidoscope DONE, BOM original

 

 
This one is DONE and named "Kaleidotato", remembering the fun I had "grabbing another piece of fabric" like the gals did during their fun with Potato Chip technique.  These are all efforts at blending values of blues and orange.  

Below is the October BOM.  The BOM committee had a great idea - every block for the entire year will be  the SAME block, just using different values, which results in a "new block" every month.  I will try to get each block posted, to show appreciation for this clever challenge.  Sadly, I didn't win the drawing for October.  




5 comments:

  1. The Kaleidotato turned out so nicely! Lovely colors. The BOM concept looks like fun. (And, hey, you've posted pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the BOM challenge - I would love to see all the blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I an line them up, each month, next to one another. I'll try to give that a go -- see how patient/impatient I might be! 8-) I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful! I love the idea of the BOM being the same each month, just in different color values. It's something to think about in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name Kaleidotato and the quilt! Congrats on this beautiful finish. Orange and blue look so good together. I too love the BOM challenge. I hope you will show us every block as I have a collection of block that are good for these kind of challenge. I would love to add this one to the collection. You know, me and HST we have a little fling on the side. Please don't tell my hubby. Lol. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.