No photos - today, I did a BIG procrasting thing. I emptied, AND TOTALLY DISCARDED one entire storage box of little fabric/quilt parts and pieces - probably over 1000 little saved bits - walked them all the way to the dumpster and dumped them in - non retrievable. DH always says "one step at a time" and "make every day count."
Then, in prep for a quilting retreat and trying to come up with a project that wasn't too demanding, I dug out the latest collection of batting and cut up 56 nine inch squares.
OMG - I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my chest. This feeling of relief was totally unexpected. Perhaps someone else out there was having the same problem, discarding unused bits and pieces.
This is not saying I'm not sewing - I am still at it, but those various boxes of fabric strips and snips was mentally holding me back from enjoyment.
You go, Elaine! If the scraps are a burden then unburden yourself!
ReplyDeleteI also got rid of those little bits of pieces. I was tired of not doing anything with them. Still have a box of 5" squares and I think 2.5 " squares from various projects. If I can't figure out what to do with them, out they will go !
ReplyDeleteDid the same thing recently with denim scraps. I'm also finding it much easier to discard great swaths of poly blend fabrics that have been donated. It's a constant battle between frugality and sanity!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn