Tuesday, September 29, 2026

It needs a name!

Apparently I've forgotten how to rotate my photos - this is a sideways version, but it's D-O-N-E.  All those triangles went together easily.  It's looking either "watery" or "snakey".  I finished it with a Faux flange binding, hardly visible in this photo.  Opinions for a name?

Below is a kids "I Spy" quilt that started as a Disappearing Nine Patch but it was so overly busy and uncoordinated-looking, that I took every piece apart, trimmed each piece to a more accurate size and finished it up like below.  This was a good lesson to remember "Structure" in a quilt.   This will go to a niece who is a Social Worker Extraordinaire, who always had babies coming and going in her home.  She calls the quilts "mats", because her floors are frequently "crawling" with darling babies of various ages.  Some return home, some are adopted or fostered, etc.  The baby might take a quilt with them if possible.  


I'm showing the back to remind myself to keep on using what I already have using the multitude of cute kids 4-inch squares.  The back still needs a pocket and I'll tuck in a store-bought little teddy bear (child-approved).  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.