Thursday, July 30, 2020

QAYG, and 6 months as a widow

I showed this toddler-aged QAYG, before completion.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.  The wide light figured fabric is all little colored tractors.  Oh, that is... tractors like they USED to look .  Seems that NOTHING is the same as it used to be.


Here is the back - I had a bunch of colored quarter yards, and could cut 4 backings from each cut, with a little left over for the current crumb blocks.  This QAYG was the most successful I've ever done, with almost ALL of the stitching in the back sewed in exactly the right place ON the sashing strip, not ON and OFF the sashing strip.  Practice, practice, practice!  


Being a widow:  I lived thru the 6 month anniversary of my husband's death by staying busy.  Those months went by so fast - unbelievably fast!  What a conflict I find myself.  I MUST be at peace with his death and his terminal illness, but heartbroken he is not here.  He left me a beautiful gift -- his very last words to me were loving and beautiful - I cannot ask for more.  

9 comments:

  1. What a very pretty quilt as you go!! I think of you often and wonder how it is going, and know your home improvement projects must be helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty quilt...glad to hear you are keeping busy...it doesn't heal but life does go on, albeit very differently and with scars on the heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartbroken but at peace - it seems like an unbearable contradiction but I watched my mother work her way through the process. You are on that same path - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a difficult time. I'm glad that you are able to fill your days. Memories are a special thing we hang on to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace is the right word. It does not mean acceptance or being beyond grief. But an internal quiet to draw from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has got to be the most appealing tractor quilt I have ever seen! Good job--the back looks good, too.
    You are blessed to have something you enjoy doing to help you fill your days and work through your grief. I love your last sentence. That is a gift to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were blessed to be loved by a good man. And you are a strong woman who has given a lot through your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you, I am widow too. Mercy unto you and may peace, and love be multiplied. Jude 1:2 The Quilt is beautiful! Great job Take care from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're QAYG is just beautiful! It looks like a mosaic! And that backing means that you've got a reversible quilt! The back is almost as nice as the front. Good for you!

    I'm glad to hear that you are keeping busy and have so many good things to remember about your husband. Keep bright!

    No problems with Corona? The numbers are creeping up in my part of the world by not anywhere near as scary as in some parts of the States. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.