Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Lotsa Pink Strips, almost threw it out!

This one, shown previously, was a candidate for the trash basket - I was so disgusted.  It had called to me "make straight, walking foot lines".  Sounded good so I started straight machine quilting lines at the same angle as the triangles.  One line looked lonesome, so I added a second straight line.  The straight lines looked kinda overly structured, so I started curving them over each other.  Elaine, just quilt some more ... uh oh, those curving, overlapping double lines now crossed over the triangle lines....., oh Elaine just quilt some more, and, and, ad nauseum, until half was quilted, UGLIEST THING YOU EVER SAW!   OK, have some caffeine, put your feet up, turn on TV, and start pulling out the stitches.  Yes, 3-4 days of removing them, keeping a few here and there to maintain where the pins were at one time.

Successful quilting design was a curling single line of loops and/or hearts/leaves, all wide open.  The earlier straight sticthes left a LOT of ugly lines in the quilt, but I spritzed them and shook the quilt, more spritzing, more shaking and in the end, it's good!   

I finished the binding with machine stitching on the front between the pinkbinding and the white faux pink/white striped fabric.  Stitches are well hidden. 


I needed a few more inches on the width. It's busy enough to hide machine quilting stitches.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you rescued it to your satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with your pink string quilt! Love love love!!!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 'in the pink' too, with two quilts. One is done and the other is ready to sandwich and quilt. Pink is not my favorite color and I can't figure out why there was so much of it in my scraps not why it seems to fight everything I think of to do with it. Is this a conspiracy? LOL Your pink finished nicely. I'm going to pick a different color for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink is not usually a color I am drawn to, but I think you have made a gem here. That border fabric and the flange in the binding combine to make a perfect finish.
    I am so impressed that you did all that unpicking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks pretty good in your pictures! I wouldn't believe you were disgusted with the progress. It turned out just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.