Monday, September 07, 2020

MORE Pineapple - "Green, Green Fields of Home"

Fast arrangement, a WIP -  There are two block, set alternately.  The  alternate "O" rings do not show as I had expected.  By including a light neutral around that central brick color of the "O" rings, it causes the eye to jump right there as opposed to first noting the diagonal design across the quilt.  As in the past, I used Gyleen Fitzgerald inspiration and her pineapple ruler.  While there are other good rulers, hers is clear and uncluttered.  These are all 8 in. fin. blocks, and are greener in person. 


(I was playing with filters, colors should be evenly darkened)  

Below is Pineapple Parade, made a while ago, same pattern, but the centers of the "O" block were left all dark.  Both quilts are still scrappy, but that very small change from the above center DOES result in a more apparent  diagonal design.  

    

And again, this one from years ago, the center of the "O" block remain dark.  BTW, it's finished, won a First Place, and is somewhere in a closet!  I guess you can guess this design is a favorite!  



6 comments:

  1. My eye saw the diagonal first and I only remembered the O blocks when you mentioned it. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much like both versions but it's nice to see them together and see the dramatic difference from one small change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice -- I 've never made a pineapple. You are clearly a pro at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why it is a favorite. Each one of these quilts is a treat to the eyes.
    A ribbon winner sitting in a closet somewhere? Wow--do you win so many ribbons that it is commonplace? LOL
    I never enter quilts anywhere, so I have no ribbons--not that I would win any if I did enter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pineapples as well as the log cabins we have seen. Actually I enjoy all that you post. Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are a Pineapple Pro! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.