Saturday, September 05, 2020

Pineapple, "Green, Green Fields of Home"

 


This is my 5th ??? Pineapple Quilt /blocks I've made - there is just something about them I find appealing. They are perfect for scraps, of which I have many.  I absolutely love watching a DVD from Gyleen X Fitzgerald  whose design this is.  I purchased her DVD from the original Craftsy,  or was it Annies Crafts ?? AND her ruler.  There are other designs on the DVD but I'm stuck on this one, she calls it Hugs and Kisses.  Her delivery is peaceful, unstressful - a very pleasant project.  There are 2 different blocks for this version.  Note the "O" in the left block and the more symetrical coloration in the right.  The blocks on the right are each individual, in various color combos, but all with the same off-white light.  I've used greens, browns, lavendars and  harvest colors, all which remind me of my fortunate childhood on a small farm in Illinois.  

New subject:  

Some of you are have asked how things are in my quiet home, following the passing of my dear husband.  I'm doing well as expected and am very aware of my many blessings.  There is a season for everything - he always said "Make Every Day Count" and I'm doing my best.  I am eternally grateful for our years together, and now for my friendships, here in blogland, and in my "real life".  8-))  I am well and healthy, have friends, and feel safe and comfortable where I live.  It's now my job to keep going forward and to live my own life as well as possible.  Fortunately, I have this passion of sewing and quilting that always gives me pleasure.  "One Day at a Time" .  Even as a widow, I don't plan to disappear into dark places or sadness.   Yes, I have my moments, but I also have my job to do, that is to continue to live a good life.  Thank you all for comments or personal notes.  All are appreciated.



4 comments:

  1. Nice blocks, and an uplifting report...may the Lord continue to bless you and keep you in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keeping going is all many of us do at different times in our lives...glad to hear you are doing well...better than many no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have quilted quite a few pineapple quilts a la Gyleene. I quilt for a guild I belong to and one of the members has made at least 3 or 4 of them. (I haven't looked at the last three I picked up...) They are a great way to use scraps. The one pineapple quilt I made took years to make... but I did eventually finish it -- probably 5 to 6 years after I started it!

    I am admitting to finally moving forward with one of your Scrappy Rebuilt Cabin quilts. I have 60 blocks waiting for me to do something with them. They've been rebuilt. But I had to look up the next step and to see how you lay them out. It was panicking me because, I couldn't remember your name or your blog name. I couldn't find any of my posts about making the blocks, although I'm pretty sure I did write something and gave you credit. Luckily for me it came to mind as I was coming upstairs to make dinner! So, here I am and thrilled to have reread the instructions. Now I can move forward with this quilt. Thanks for still having the directions up!

    (I've had a mess with anonymous comments too. No more for me either.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see your beautiful work and to read your upbeat posts about your new way of life.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.