Saturday, March 20, 2021

National Quilting Day, 2021

 In honor of this special day, I put a few quilts outside for viewing by passer by traffic.  Days like this, I wish a had a long, high fence in my yard to show off and honor our quilting passion.  I just grabbed a few from the top of a stack.   Have a great day! 





The above  much-loved 16 Patches and Pinwheels has been a favorite designs, ala Quiltville.com.  So clever, so easy if you get the light/darks in the right places.  I've made this design at least 6 times, most of them for kids quilts.  This is a queen size, now needing a little repair, sorta like the old gate, that also needs a little repair. 

(Our snow is gone in many flat places, but huge piles still exist.) 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Quilting Day!!! Such a lovely display...perfect weather for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to show your passion to passers. I have nothing in front of my house that I could use to hold a quilt. I'll think about this when we redo the landscape. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! And you don't worry that someone might help themselves? So tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Elsie, above. No, no worries. Possible, but not likely in this town. There are reasons, it is said, "Nebraska is Nice." 8-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, hanging your quilts, Elaine. Last year I did the mini quilt show from my deck railing, but this year I just stayed in and sewed. :)
    I do love that pattern of Bonnie's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt show. I hope your neighbors all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.