Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bricks and Steppingstones, DONE

YEAH - DONE! It still needs to be blocked -- Blocking/dampening it should enhance the texture I was aiming at with all that "Innies and Outies" Someone also called the quilting pattern, "Puddles" -- I like that name. It certainly turned out "graphic"!



Oh great - the quilting on the 4th border had to be removed and redone, along with the binding as the tension was crummy - apparently I was so much "on a roll" I also wasn't looking closely. Dang it - and my binding? I try hard to make it snug, but snugged it too much -- by half an inch, causing pucker/pleat when I sewed it down so had to insert another piece of binding, and trim it more carefully this time.

20 comments:

gardenpat said...

It is just beuatiful!! I have always loved that pattern and was happy with the one I made a year ago with it!! Such a scrap user!!!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great! I really love the quilting that you did in the body of the quilt. It makes great texture.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

WOW it is so beautiful! I love this pattern. You did a great job!

Karen said...

A very good finish. The quilting certainly adds dimension.

paulette said...

Gorgeous!! Well done...you'd never guess you had problems!! Love it!
Paulette

paula, the quilter said...

That is such a nice masculine looking quilt. Once again, I think that is one I will try. Thanks.

LC said...

Very nice, Elaine. Nice choice of fabrics and the quilting makes lovely puddles!

Jeanne said...

I love it! Your fabric selection is gorgeous.

Ivani said...

Woo you should be so proud. Veautiful quilt and your quilting looks wonderful.
hugs - Ivani

gamawinkie said...

I really like this! The quilting in the border is nice too. Good job.

Mama Koch said...

I LOVE it! I need to make another one and keep it!

Andee said...

It looks great!

belinda said...

YEAH...you 'dun' good girl. I.LIKE.

Lynn said...

It turned out beautiful!

Silverthimble said...

What a great quilt! I love the puddles!

Barbara said...

Just beautiful as always. You do such great work. When I get all my ducks in a row, this is a pattern that I want to do also. Thanks for showing it.

Candace said...

Beautiful. The quilting reminds me of pebbles tossed in water. I love the look.

Donna said...

Very pretty quilt, and lovely quilting!

Purple Pam said...

What a great job of quilting. That is a wonderful quilt. Nice colors, too. Congratulations!

Mary said...

Love the texture the quilting creates and the colors in this one. I'm anxious to play with some bricks myself.