Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bricks and Steppingstones, DONE

YEAH - DONE! It still needs to be blocked -- Blocking/dampening it should enhance the texture I was aiming at with all that "Innies and Outies" Someone also called the quilting pattern, "Puddles" -- I like that name. It certainly turned out "graphic"!



Oh great - the quilting on the 4th border had to be removed and redone, along with the binding as the tension was crummy - apparently I was so much "on a roll" I also wasn't looking closely. Dang it - and my binding? I try hard to make it snug, but snugged it too much -- by half an inch, causing pucker/pleat when I sewed it down so had to insert another piece of binding, and trim it more carefully this time.

20 comments:

  1. It is just beuatiful!! I have always loved that pattern and was happy with the one I made a year ago with it!! Such a scrap user!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! I really love the quilting that you did in the body of the quilt. It makes great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW it is so beautiful! I love this pattern. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good finish. The quilting certainly adds dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Well done...you'd never guess you had problems!! Love it!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a nice masculine looking quilt. Once again, I think that is one I will try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Elaine. Nice choice of fabrics and the quilting makes lovely puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Your fabric selection is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo you should be so proud. Veautiful quilt and your quilting looks wonderful.
    hugs - Ivani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this! The quilting in the border is nice too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it! I need to make another one and keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH...you 'dun' good girl. I.LIKE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great quilt! I love the puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful as always. You do such great work. When I get all my ducks in a row, this is a pattern that I want to do also. Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. The quilting reminds me of pebbles tossed in water. I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty quilt, and lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great job of quilting. That is a wonderful quilt. Nice colors, too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the texture the quilting creates and the colors in this one. I'm anxious to play with some bricks myself.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.