Saturday, April 25, 2020

Garlic Knots Finished , and a Swing


Garlic Knots, from Quiltville, done - I added the "cross" sashing to fill up the white space between blocks.  Border was my own idea and someone called it a "zipper" design.  The border was done using a ruler, but my DSM has issues when MQ'ing backwards.  Suggestions anyone?  It can handle going backwards at an angle, just not straight back.  Stitches are terrible, so I unsewed and redid a LOT of stitches - shoulda checked after the first few.

For years, the swing has been a planned purchase, "for when the deck is redone" - let's face it -- a wood deck will ALWAYS need to be redone!  Bomgaars, a huge Farm/Ranch store, has everything and the swing was On Sale.   When I checked out, I thought she undercharged me - "No, you get an additional 10%".  And, they delivered it, no charge, and refused tip.   I baked them cookies today, a small Thank You for excellent service.   


7 comments:

  1. Pretty swing, pretty quilt -- a match made in heaven! A perfect spot to while away some time outdoors in these limited travel days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the new swing! And congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your version of Bonnie's garlic knots. I've been sewing lots os QOV but this week I'm starting to sort thru my scraps and I think I'll make this one. it is so colorful.
    And, your porch swing, I always wanted one, but we have no room on our deck
    Joan in GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big accomplishments! A long-desired purchase (and on sale!) and a quilt finish! Those are big steps! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the personal touches you put into your Garlic Knots quilt. Very pretty colors, too.
    And what a beautiful swing. It makes a great spot for quilty glamor shots, but an even better place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Glad you got it--and so nice of you to bake cookies for the helpful store employees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful and so matches your pretty new swing! Can't beat getting things on sale and the extra customer service makes your store very special!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.