Wednesday, July 15, 2020

QAYG, Boys Quilt, and Guild Raffle Quilt

Quilts are getting MADE during this "staying at home" business.   I'm using the "twin strips" method for this QAYG, a small boy's quilt -  my blue fabrics lean towards "nautical", but that word is seldom heard of in western Nebraska, so I bought one yard of this cute TRACTOR print, the only fabric purchased.  I made 4 blocks at a time, and that also used adequate but unloved FQs for the back.  Backing and batting were cut 8 in. and the block finishes at 7.5.  Setting is 6 x 8 blocks, a good size for toddler.  I'll start the sashing units tomorrow.  My method of hiding stitches in the ditch is improving with each quilt.




 Below our Guild Raffle Quilt that was won by a gentleman who only purchased one ticket!   Temps on this day was 104, but there was a small shelter.  Ticket sales were dismal due to Covid limitations  but we did best we could, with a short season. Our Guild Year closed early due to the virus fears, but we had to pull a winner. The local annual Oregon Trail Days also did not happen. 

5 comments:

  1. Loving your QAYG! You are so good at making quilts that pop. That raffle quilt is a beauty too. Hope the winner truly appreciates the fine workmanship! I'm enjoying this isolation business - a good excuse to sew like mad. Our local guild was having ZOOM meetings (so much fun) but are done until September. Quilt Canada was supposed to be in our city but it was cancelled due to Covid.
    Our weather is odd right now, sunny with rain at night and sometimes mornings, wind too, but the trees and other flora are loving it. Farmers not so much. Besides too much water, hail storms have ruined acres of crops. Good quilting weather and my three little tomato plants are very happy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That guild quilt is a real beauty! I hope the man who won it will appreciate all the work that went in! When I was a college student I too bought only one raffle ticket to a quilt and it changed my life when my number was pulled a few months later. I fell in love with that quilt and took up quilting myself!

    Your QAYG is a beautiful combination of colors! That's going to make someone very happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your QAYG is really eye-catching. Very nice job!
    That is a beautiful raffle quilt. Too bad the virus interrupted sales, but what luck the winner had. To get it with only one ticket is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great boy's quilt in the making. One of the guilds had to cancel it's quilt show this spring. They too had a raffle drawing in the summer. We are doing zoom meetings now. It works well for me because I live 3 hours away and don't get to many activities each year. I love being able to interact with folks. On the other hand, our retreat that I do go to was postponed.... although I'm thinking we still won't be wanting to mingle with lots of people by December when it is rescheduled. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are simply AMAZING!! So much talent and love for the art of quilting!! You inspire me!😘

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.